Adams House's Interhouse Dining Curbed Pending Further Decision

Less than two weeks ago, Adams House master William Liller announced that the men of South House (formerly of Adams) and their sister Cliffies could eat their lunches at Adams on Mondays and Thursdays.

Yesterday, he decided to discontinue the practice after Radcliffe president Mary I. Bunting reminded him that interhouse agreements between Harvard and Radcliffe do not extend to weekday lunches.

Whether the dining room doors will open on weekdays once again to the residents of South House is presently uncertain.

Terry Consodine, an assistant to Dean May, said that the whole matter of interhouse dining is under "intensive review" and that final decision on the question will have to wait until the Faculty votes on merger.

Mrs. Bunting said that action on the matter might not have to wait that long.

"If we had a good plan," she said, the question might be submitted earlier to the Radcliffe council-the college's governing board.

Under existing arrangements, Radelice has to pay for every meal taken by a Radcliffe resident at Harvard. For this reason, the Council has been unwilling up to this point to approve interhouse programs for weekdays.