Columbia Defeats Cagers, 73-72, Despite Crimson's Final Gamble

By Jonathan P. Carlson

With 2:38 left in Saturday night basketball game in the IAB and Columbia ahead by one point. Harvard's guards Matt Bozek and Joe Stanislaw and ?? played catch until ????

"With our ????? Hardy and Mike ?????

Harvard whose Ivy ?????????

Bozek Paces Crimson

Bozek who didn't start because ?? he'd ????????

For the first part of the second half. Harvard stayed within two or three points of the ????

Colum ?????? with five minutes left in the game.

Columbia reserve Ed Monks, playing in place of All-Ivy guard Heyward Dotson who complained of a sore leg early in the game, tallied a bank shot to even the score. Harvard captain ?? Hardy, who ?? with 12 grabs made a free throw to put the Crimson back in the ?? briefly until McMillian completed the ?? with a pair of free throws.

"The kids did an incredible job," said ?? "If they can maintain that level of performance, we'll have a shot at three of the last four games." he added.

In the preliminary to the Columbia game. Harvard's freshmen rolled past Exeter 91-62 for their twelfth win against two losses.

The Crimson freshmen suffered from a cold shooting spell in the first half and were tied at half-time, 37-37 Paced by Floyd Lewis, who scored 26 points, the freshmen erupted for 54 tallies in the second half to win.

In a junior varsity game last night against M.I.T. in the IAB, Harvard's reserve corps smothered the Engineers, 120-74 Wayne "The Wall" Clapp paced the Crimson with 25 points. Steve "Zeke." Zakula had 24, Bernie "B.J." Mulholland tallied 20, and Bill "The Sheik" Newkirk added 18.