Anti-War Groups Plan Moratorium, Spring Offensive

Harvard peace groups have begun planning for the week of April 13-18, which opens the spring anti-war offensive with speeches, workshops, and a climactic Moratorium rally on Wednesday, April 15.

Richard Zorza '71 and Steven E. Hengen '71 are coordinating the Harvard Moratorium efforts. For the mass rally on the Boston Common on April 15, they are looking for a prominent anti-war leader to speak.

Peace

Zorza and Hengen are also planning a general canvassing for Senator Charles E. Goodell's (R.N.Y.) S-3000 Resolution, which calls for complete withdrawal from Vietnam by Dec. 1, 1970. In addition, they hope to recruit workers for peace candidates and to begin a repeal-the-draft campaign.

Several weeks ago, Everett I. Mendelsohn, professor of History of Science, organized a group of anti-war faculty members. They decided yesterday afternoon to set up an opening meeting April 13, followed by workshops on the war.

Workshops

We want to ?????? workshops, said Herbert C. Kelman, Richard Clark Cabot Professor of Social Ethics, "to discuss issues and facts relating to the war in the afternoon, while in the evening we hope to find topics that get at new action. As leaders, we are searching for both faculty and students who have relevant and new information."

Free University

From April 13 to 18, the socialist-oriented Free University will sponsor a series of courses and workshops dealing with such topics as Southeast Asia (specifically Laos and Thailand), Cuba, Women's Liberation, and the Cambridge community.