Water Polo Still Unbeaten As Crimson Rips Columbia

The Harvard water polo team passed up a chance to run up the score agains: Columbia on Saturday, substituting freely in a 28-11 win. The victory kept the Crimson undefeated after four matches.

"We probably could have run the score up to say, 45-2 if we'd wanted to," said captain Terry Flanagan. Instead, they chose to substitute after the starting unit had blanked the Lions 7-0 in the first quarter.

Depth

Depth has been essential to the Crimson's success this season. Against Columbia, ten different players scored, including everyone of the starting seven, Flanagan takes pride in the team's liberal substitution policy.

"It is just as satisfying to see a new player like Mike Graff score as to score yourself," he said, Graff was later kicked out of the game for punching a Columbia player.

Harvard's individual standout is junior Dave Powlison, a Hawaiian, Compared to Bobby Orr of the Bruins by Flanagan for his pool-length rushes, Powlison scored six goals against Columbia.

Mysticism

Former All-American Zoe Rennard compared the Crimson to the Russian hockey team. "There is an almost mystical empathy within his team. Every man seems to know exactly where all of his teammates are and how they will react to the situation that arise," he said.

Harvard plays Brown on Wednesday and enters the Greater Boston Championships this Saturday. With Bobby Orr and a mystical passing game, they will be heavy favorites.