Salmon Receives Teaching Award

Walter J. Salmon, profesor of Business Administration, received last week the 1968-69 Salgo Award for Excellence in Teaching in the first-year M.B.A. program.

The prize-$1500 and a plaque-is presented as a gift from the Salgo-Noren Foundation of New York, which supports higher education.

Each year Salgo-Noren designates several institutions to present the award to members of their faculties, but this is the first year the Business School has participated. Next year the foundation will select a professor from the second-year program.

Salmon, a specialist in retail distribution of consumer goods, taught and chaired the first-year marketing course in the M.B.A. program until 1969. Presently he teaches marketing in the doctoral program, and he is chairman of the Marketing Area of the Business School.

A committee of six Business School faculty members, chaired by Robert N. Anthony, Ross Graham Walker Professor of Management Controls, was responsible for the selection process.

Salmon graduated from the Harvard Business School in 1952, received his D.B.A. there in 1960, and was made a full profesor in 1967.