Stickmen Coast To 20-7 Victory

By Bennett H. Beach

Williams'lacrosse team played lacrosse Saturday as the Indians did-roughly-but as expected, the Ephmen's stic-kwork left much to be desired, and Harvard survived with a 20-7 win in its last non-league game of the season.

Twelve players scored goals for the Crimson, which jumped out to a 5-0 lead before the end of the first period and led, 13-1, by halftime. Bobby Johnson, Phil Zuckerman, and Cabie Warren netted three goals apiece, while John Ince collected a goal and six assists.

On defense. Harvard received strong goaltending in the fourth period from Brian Landry, who stopped six of eight shots.

Perhaps more of an accomplishment than beating the Ephmen was Harvard's refusal to respond to Williams' roughness with severity of its own. "They came out to make war instead of play lacrosse, so we decided to run up the score while they fought," manager Luther Clark explained.

One problem was Harvard's bus, which broke down in Worcester. "It just wasn't worth making the trip," Cle Landolt said. "They were one of the worst teams I've ever seen, especially on defense, and they were just out to kill. They had Dartmonth beat by a mile in the department," he added.

But the game served as a good warm-up for important games this week against Brown and Princeton, and coach Bruce Munro stressed Saturday that he expected everyone to attend practice Monday and Tuesday. "This is the big week of the season; no question about it," Landolt said.