Faller Is Unanimous First Team Choice By Coaches for All-Ivy Wrestling Team

By Robert Decherd

Junior Mark Faller was the lone Harvard representative on the All-Ivy wrestling first team announced this week. Captain-elect Pat Coleman was named to the second team.

Faller-runner-up at the Easterns at 167-was a unanimous choice of the Ivy coaches. He compiled a 22-2-1 season record, going undefeated until the Eastern finals, and advancing two rounds in the NCAA championships before losing to Bill Laurson of Northwestern, 4-0.

Coleman was the only other Crimson matmen named to the first or second teams. He tied Terry Brown of Yale as the second-team choice at 142, while Penn sophomore Nate Resnick was the narrow first-team selection.

Semifinalist as Sophomore

An Eastern semi-finalist last year as a sophomore. Coleman was elected captain after rolling up a 12-5-2 record, including three Ivy victories. He was out of action for three weeks in February with a torn cartilage, but returned for the final portion of the league action.

Making honorable mention for Harvard were captain Paul Catinelia (134) and senior Tom Sehnorr (118).

Catinella wrestled at 142 for most of the season, but moved down to 134 for the Ivy League schedule. Schnorr. who managed only two victories before the league wrap-up in February, came through with a crucial win against Yale in the season finale.

Princeton, the undefeated league champion, dominated the team by placing five men on the first team and one on the second. Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Penn, and Yale each had one wrestler on the first team. Brown was shut out.