Harvard Stadium Unsafe for Rally

The city-wide strike meeting Friday afternoon- planned for Harvard Stadium- may have to he help elsewhere. Dean Watson said yesterday that the Stadium had been checked by outside engineering firms and been found "unsafe."

According to Mark Kaplan '71, a member of a special rally committee set up to arrange the meeting. Watson said that all or parts of 30 out of 37 sections of the Stadium are unsafe, and some parts could fall through with only 50 or 100 persons in the section.

Each section helds about 1000 people.

The Strike Steering Committee met at 4 p.m. yesterday afternoon at strike headquarters in Lehman Hall. After some discussion of plans to shut down the Food Service by picketing its points around the University where Teamster-driven trucks deliver food, the committee voted to establish a subcommittee to consider the potential effects on workers and students of a dining hall shut-down during the strike.

If students at today's noon meeting approve, the Strike Steering Committee will call a mass meeting for tonight to discuss the statement Dean May is expected to make at noon and any actions the Faculty takes at its meeting this afternoon.