Two Blasts Are Similar

Yesterday's MIT bombing was exactly one year later than the pre-dawn explosion which damaged the library of the Center for International Affairs at Harvard. A Cambridge police spokesman said yesterday that some connections between the two bombings may exist.

Cambridge Detective sergeant James A. Roscoe said yesterday. "There definitely are some similarities, and we are starting our investigation from that standpoint."

Both bombings were preceded by anonymous phone calls from women and the Harvard explosion was claimed by the Proud Eagle Tribe, a revolutionary women's group.

The blast at MIT damaged the building housing the Center for International Studies, like the CFIA, a target for radical criticism. Roscoe said 'the similarities led him to turn his files over to the chief MIT investigator, Sergeant Edwin C. Peterson.

"I wouldn't want to anticipate any of Sgt. Peterson's conclusions, but we are keeping every possibility in mind," Roscoe said.

Two unnamed Harvard professors provided police with a description of the prime suspect in last year's bombing.

However, Daniel Steiner '54, General Counsel to the University said yesterday that "no one was ever arrested, to my knowledge, and the police have not contacted anyone at Harvard recently."