Netmen Vie For ECAC Title

By Eric Pope

With prospects for the strongest team in recent years, the Harvard tennis team traveled to Princeton on Friday to participate in the ECAC championships which are being held over the weekend.

Harvard finished second in the tournament last fall, and tied for second in the EITA behind undefeated Princeton last spring.

The ECAC tournament is divided into three divisions. The top two singles players and the top doubles team from every major college in the East play in the "A" division, Third and fourth singles and second doubles make up the "B" division, and the remaining singles players and the third doubles are in the "C" division.

Harvard sophomores Harris Masterson and Ken Lindner will be among the top players in the "A" division in both singles and doubles. Other contenders for the singles title will are Bill Colson and Harold Rabinowitz of Princeton, Bob Binns of Columbia, and John Adams of Penn.

Co-captain Dave Fish and junior Randy Barnett provide exceptional depth at three and four singles. Barnett and Tom Loring will play second doubles.

Loring is joined in "C" singles by freshman John Inguard, who is eligible for varsity competition under a new ECAC rule. Fish and sophomore Gardy Rowbothom are playing third doubles.