Rosovsky Rejects Brandeis Candidacy

Henry Rosovsky, professor of Economics and chairman of the Economics Department, has asked that his name be withdrawn from consideration for the presidency of Brandeis University, according to Brandeis's newspaper, The Justice.

Rosovsky, who was considered by some observers to be the front runner for the Brandeis position, told the Crimson last night that he had withdrawn "about two or two-and-a-half weeks ago."

"I'd rather not go into the specific details." Rosovsky said, "but I felt I wanted to stay at Harvard." He refused to comment further on the issue.

Milton Katz, Stimpson Professor of Law and chairman of the Brandeis Presidential Search Committee, could not be reached last night for comment.

Brandeis is attempting to find a successor to President Charles Schottland, who will reach mandatory retirement age during the academic year.

The Justice also listed the two men that remain from its original group of six presidential candidates: Marvin Bernstein, professor of Politics at Princeton University, and Saul Cohen, chairman of the Chemistry Department at Brandeis.