Pakistan Fast Set for 14th

The 2500 undergraduates who signed up early in November to fast in an effort to raise money for East Pakistani refugees will finally be able to miss their dinner on December 14.

The Committee on Houses and Undergraduate Life (CHUL) voted last week to allow the Ananda Marga Yoga Society to conduct the fast, and the Food Services yesterday decided upon a definite date.

Proceeds from the fast, amounting to 60 cents per person, will benefit one of the relief organizations aiding homeless members of the Bangla Desh. The particular relief organization has not yet been selected.

Craig E. Runde '73, president of the Ananda Marga Yoga Society, said yesterday that his organization is "part of a worldwide socio-religious society which focuses upon aiding refugees. The chapter at Harvard is mainly a community service organization," he added.

"We want to bring people's attention to the disastrous situation in the Far East, and have them participate in helping alleviate it," he said. Runde expects the fast to net at least $1500.

W. Burriss Young '55, assistant dean of freshmen and chairman of the CHUL Food Service subcommittee said yesterday that he thinks the fast a good idea.

"It gives people an emotional involvement as well as a financial one," he said. "It accomplishes something for the people who participate since they will actually be fasting."

More petitions will be circulated in the dining halls on December 5 and 6. Then the Society will provide the individual house dining halls with the names of students who signed the Ananda Marga petition for dinner on December 14. There will be no interhouse