DON'T ENROLL

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Thoughtful members of the university community can only regret the unfortunate decision of the Government Department to guarantee Henry Kissinger a teaching position if and when he decides to return to Harvard. They can only be outraged by the cynical and misleading rationale for this decision offered by Professor Huntington in his recent letter to the CRIMSON.

At this moment, however, this regret and outrage lack channels for its full expression. In the best of all possible worlds it would no doubt be possible to organize a tribunal to assess the burden of guilt borne by so many professional political scientists for the criminal war in Southeast Asia and to punish them accordingly.

Not surprisingly this does not seem to be likely at present. Yet we feel something should be done to indicate to the Government Department the degree of opposition that exists to its delinquent handling of the Kissinger matter.

Thus, we urge all students not to enroll in any courses offered by the Government Department this spring.

Such action is, of course, an inadequate response to the problems raised by the complicity of Department members in the war effort and the Department's willingness to stretch its rules to facilitate that complicity. But it is a response.