Matmen Meet Quakers

By M. DEACON Dake

Entering its final dual meet of the year. Harvard's varsity wrestling team needs a victory today over Pennsylvania to clinch second place in the Ivy League and to finish the season with an excellent 14-5 record. The meet is set for 2 p.m. in the IAB.

Pennsylvania. with few veterans returning, has a 2-3 record in the League compared to the Crimson's mark of 4-1. Unfortunately, Harvard has lost two regulars for the meet due to injuries suffered in last weekend's 22-12 loss to Princeton.

Dean Sheppard. the Crimson's regular at 150 pounds, is sidelined for the rest of the season with a separated shoulder. Collin Mangrum, who has been excellent in his last two bouts at 158 pounds. is handicapped by a bad knee and will probably not wrestle.

"Normally we should beat them, but with this weakened lineup I just don't know what to expect," Harvard coach John Lee said.

Harvard does have an outside chance for first place in the League if Yale beats Princeton today, but the Tigers have already disposed of Harvard and the Crimson defeated the Elis on Wednesday, 19-15. "It's not beyond the realm of possibility for Yale to win and Waterman [the Yale coach] in an all-out effort, is shuffling his lineup to give them every possible chance of an upset," Lee said.

In today's match, the best bout looks to be at 1-12 pounds, where the Quakers' captain and All-Ivy ace Nate Resnick meets Josh Henson. Henson has been one of the top performers for the Crimson this season and takes a 12-5-1 record into the bout with Resnick. However, he will be operating at a disadvantage because team injuries have forced him to move up from his normal 134-pound spot.