Racquetmen Lead Meet; All Players Undefeated

By Robert W. Gerlach

Special to the Crimson

WILLIAMSTOWN, March 5-All six Harvard players advanced to the quarterfinals of the Inter-Collegiate Squash Championship at Williams College this afternoon.

In a second round match of the "C" division Harvard's number six. Dan Gordon, beat Penn's Rick Wheeler.

This Crimson victory gives Harvard a narrow lead in the team competition, but three Harvard players face Penn opponents in the quarterfinal round at 9 a. m. tomorrow. The outcome of these matches should determine the winner of the six-man team title.

In the "A" division, Harvard's number two. Dave Fish, has the unenviable task of facing Penn's Palmer Page, while sophomore Peter Briggs has only a slightly easier match with the Quakers' Eliot Berry.

In the "C" division, Alan Quasha, seeded first in the division, faces Penn's Charlie Jacobs. A victory by Quasha would give Harvard an excellent shot at an all-Crimson "C" division final on Sunday.

Quasha is a clear favorite over Jacobs, and Page should defeat Fish, so the outcome of the team competition could easily depend on the match between Briggs and Berry.

Harvard captain Ed Atwood and senior Jaime Gonzalez have fairly easy quarterfinal matches and should advance to the semis, where they will probably meet Penn's Anil Kapur and Jeff Condon, respectively.

Gordon played number two behind Wheeler for two years at St. Paul's and never beat him. "He beat me with a very fast pace. I was too slow on my feet," Wheeler said. "The depth on his shots and his hard serve did it."