BRASS TAKE ON ALL COMERS

By J. RYAN Oconnell

In the wake of the disruption of last Friday's pro-war teach-in, University Administrators are meeting almost continuously with student groups to express their concern over freedom of speech at Harvard.

Achibald Cox '34, University trouble shooter, told a meeting of House committee chairmen yesterday that the University has not decided what evidence it will use to support any charges against disrupters. He pointed out that a picture of someone screaming may not actually prove that person was trying to stop the teach-in. Cox said the person might actually be trying to half the disruption.

The purpose of the meeting with House Committee chairmen-also attended by Deans May and Dunlop-was to discuss the future of the Committee on Rights and Responsibilities, which all Houses recently voted to boycott.

An ad hoc group of House Committee chairmen plans to propose several reforms in the coinposition of the CRR, including a higher student-Faculty ratio and a different selection process.

Tuesday night Cox, May and Dunlop met with 50 members of Quincy House. Fifty members of PL and SDS arrived and joined the discussion. There was no disruption, and the administrators leftafter an hour of talk. Earlier Tuesday, they had met with all the House resident tutors in the Faculty Room of University Hall. Yesterday evening, the three administrators met with editors of the CRIMSON and later with the House Masters.

Cambridge police reported last night that the three persons whom Harvard has charged with trespassing last Friday-James T. Kilbreth '69, Ellen J. Messing '72 and John T. Berlow '71-have not yet been apprehended.