Rads Rate Teach-In Socko; Cite SRO House: Tremendous'

The three radical groups that planned the disruption of last Friday's off-B'way SRO, "Counter Teach-In," have claimed that their actions were a boffo performance, in spite of a mounting number of students pans.

The three groups were SDS, University Action Group and Liberation Alliance.

At a meeting Monday night, SDS members were unanimous in calling the disruption a complete success. "This was the largest mass action I've seen on this campus in my four years here," reminisced Ira D. Helfand '71. "We should use this to build up a tremendous momentum to fight the war."

A representative of SDS National Headquarters in Chicago who attended the meeting reported the Chicago office was "really spurred on" by Friday night's events.

A spokesman for UAG, an organization of radical graduate students and faculty members, agreed that the disruption had been a "tremendous success" in building antiwar sentiment.

Although the UAG spokesman acknowledged that "probably a majority" of the students are opposed to the disruption, he said that it showed the Vietnam policy planners that there is a "live and kicking" antiwar movement on college campuses.

Members of the Liberation Alliance at a meeting yesterday disagreed about whether the disruption was a success. Many members agreed with SDS and UAG that it had been a "complete success," but others said that it was a bad tactic for building mass, popular support. "It looks as though we've come out on the bad side of an issue, in the eyes of most students," one admitted.