Walkout Planned At YAF Teach-In On Monday Night

Members of the Indochina Teach-In Committee are planning a massive walk-out at the pro-war teach-in scheduled for Monday night.

The group. which sponsored an antiwar gathering here on February 26, decided to take the action in order to provide antiwar students with an effective alternative to disruption or possible violence at Monday's rally. The teach-in will be staged by Students for a Just Peace (SJP), which sponsored a pro-war rally last month that was disrupted by chanting radicals.

"Most of us had theses due last time," said Steven E. Hengen '71, a member of the Indochina Teach-In Committee, "We felt guilty because we reacted to the teach-in after the event, too late to provide an alternative protest."

Hengen said that the walk-out will begin as soon as the first pro-war speaker starts to speak. The protesting students will travel to another, building where the People's Coalition for Peace and Justice will hold a workshop on its planned demonstrations in Washington, D.C.

"We hope to provide something constructive instead of what happened last time," Hengen said. "We are strongly convinced of the right of YAF to stage such an event but we cannot allow them to portray the Harvard community to the outside world as in any way con-doning the policies of these speakers," he said.

Meanwhile, Students for a Just Peace continued preparations for their rally. Lazlo Pasztor '73, president of YAF, refused to release any details. "We're still awaiting word from some of our speakers but things are starting to solidify," said Pasztor.

Concerning the planned walk-out, Pasztor said: "That's a legitimate tactic. They're not infringing on anybody's tactics, including ours."