Weary Netmen Are Favored Over Upset-Minded Indians

Coming off an overwhelming performance at the New England Interscholastics last weekend, the tennis team hosts Dartmouth today at 3 p. m. at the Soldiers' Field courts.

Coach Jack Barnaby is worried that his team will be overconfident. "All our guys played tremendous tennis during the tournament, and it's going to be hard to get them up for this match," he said. "On paper we're much stronger than Dartmouth, but I think it's going to he a hard match to win."

Sore Wrist

Ukco, who has been out with a sore wrist, also missed the Interscholastics but he will be playing today with only one day's practice. It took Princeton's Bill Colson three sets to beat Ukco, and Bill Washauer may be seriously challenged at first singles.

Dartmouth is 8-6 on the season, but only 1-5 in EITA play. But it can be tough, and only lost to Penn, 5-4, while playing without its number-one player, Lloyd Ukco.

Playing number two for Dartmouth is Brian Williams, who lost to Washauer in the tournament, 3-6, 6-0, 6-4. Williams and third singles player George Jacoby got to the "A" Division finals in doubles before losing to Washauer and Cavanagh, 6-3, 6-4.

Bob Vance is back in the line-up at fourth singles after staying in Hanover over the weekend to study chemistry. Captain Justin Stanley and Bill Kellogg will be playing at five and six.

Ukco and Williams won the ECAC doubles championships at West Point last fall, and if Ukco is on his game, their first doubles match against Washauer and Cavanagh will be a toss-up.

Barnaby is worried that his players will not have had time to rest after the long weekend of tournament play. "All of our players made it to the finals which means that they were playing from nine in the morning until six at night for three days.

"Nobody came out to practice on Monday, and only a few showed up yesterday. I think they've been over-tennised." he said.