Tracksters Favored at Yale

By E. J. Dionne

Harvard is a heavy favorite over Yale in tomorrow's track meet in New Haven. The meeting is a very important one for members of both teams since it will decide who will be on the mixed Harvard-Yale team which travels to England next month to meet Oxford and Cambridge.

Head coach Bill McCurdy said he was concerned about the "considerable amount of added pressure." Both McCurdy and Stowell predicted easy wins for the Mercurians in both the varsity and freshman meets.

Dashes

Yale's main strength lies in the dashes. The Eli's Don Martin is given the edge in the 100 and 200 over spectacular sprinters Bailee Reed, Bud Wilson, Chris Alvord and John Schneider.

Yale's Steve McDonald is rated a slight favorite in the intermediate and high hurdles over Harvard captain Walter Johnson. The 440 is considered a tossup between the Crimson's Rick Melvoin and Yale's Bob Inman.

In the field events, Yale's Tom Neville is rated a clear favorite over Harvard's Howard Keenan, but Joe Naughton is given a big edge in the shot put and Teddy DeMars is picked in the hammer over Yale's Deac Wallach.

Freshmen are also eligible to travel to England, and freshman pole vaulter Jim Kleiger is expected to qualify easily.