Coach Getchell Greets 45 In Traditional Orientation Program

By M. DEACON Dake

"I was a little disappointed at first but I've changed my tune," said Harvard freshmen soccer coach Dana Getchell. "Frankly, I'm really pleased with what I've seen down there."

Getchell, who for years has had the complex job of orienting young men from all over the world to Harvard, intercollegiate soccer, and each other, will be trying to mold 45 boys into a unit comparable to his great teams of the last ten years.

Last year's squad finished the season with an 8-1 mark, the only loss coming at the hands of Brown's freshmen in a mud bowl in Providence.

Again this season, Getchell has talent from all over the world with which to work. One of the most highly touted Yardlings is Dragan Vujovic. Vujovic is a Yugoslavian who lived in Vienna before coming to Cambridge. At the moment he is undergoing medical therapy at Stillman for a heel injury he suffered jumping out of a stadium in Vienna after finding he was locked in after a late individual practice session.

More

Other possible future varsity stars which Getchell is raising include New Jerseyan Danny Potts, LeRoy Thompson from Baltimore, Frank Gerold, Pelham, N.Y., and Christian Adibe from Nigeria.

The Yardlings will play an eight game schedule starting with M.I.T.'s sub-varsity team on October 15. Following the Engineers. Harvard will continue on the road playing Dartmouth and Exeter, before returning home to meet Andover, Princeton and Brown. The season closes with the traditional Yale game at New Haven.