Racquetmen Meet Williams Tomorrow

Biggest Concern is Margin of Victory

Although Harvard's squash team is a heavy favorite to beat Williams Saturday, coach Jack Barnaby is concerned that the squad may not record a 9-0 or 8-1 victory.

Barnaby is not motivated by a desire for humiliation. "With three good teams (Navy, Penn, and Harvard) this year there is a good chance of a tie for the national title. If Navy beats Penn and Penn beats us, the title is decided by the margin of victory through the entire season record," Barnaby said. "A 6-3 or 5-4 victory could come back to haunt us."

Williams lost to Dartmouth, 5-4, in December, but Barnaby feels that the Ephmen are a stronger squad than the Indian team that fell to Harvard 9-0 last Saturday. "Williams lost at Dartmouth, and we played Dartmouth without their number four and five," Barnaby said. "I expect a much closer match this week."

Harvard will be at several disadvantages, Captain Dave Fish, still bothered by a sore elbow, is a questionable starter. Reserve Rob Sedgewick, who usually moves into the number nine spot, has the flu, but senior Rob Shapiro should successfully fill the vacant position.

The Crimson line-up has once again shuffled at the bottom positions. Sophomores Archie Gwathmey and Glen Whitman have both advanced a notch to six and seven respectively.

The best match of the day should come at number one where Peter Briggs will face Ty Griffin. Griffin beat Palmer Page in the team match last year and advanced to the semifinals of the intercollegiates.

In outside competition, Harvard is still undefeated after playing each team in the "A" division of the Greater Boston League.