The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Most Favor Discipline Body In Freshman CRR Poll Vote

The reformed CRR referendum ballot distributed by the Freshman Council Wednesday revealed that 203 students favored "in principle, a body which administers discipline to students," while 83 did not.

Joseph E. Sandler, a member of the Freshman Council, said yesterday that the council added a second question to the ad hoc committee's referendum--which concerned the make-up of the CRR--in response to the Crimson editorial and a general desire by students to know what per cent of the student body favors a disciplinary committee.

The student ad hoc committee's original referendum asked whether students favored the all-faculty CRR, or an alternative proposal which calls for a 50-50 student-faculty CRR.

The Freshman council decided last night to withhold the results of the voting in the original question. Sandler explained. "The ad hoc committee requested that we do not divulge the results of that vote, simply because it feared that such an announcement would affect the vote in the Houses which have not yet conducted the referendum."

Sandler said that many of the students who participated in the vote--which was held Wednesday evening at dinner in the Union--desired clarification as to whether the discipline body referred to in the added question dealt with "academic or political" violations.

Sandler cited the lack of publicity of the vote, reading period and the apathy in the class as reasons for the small number of participating students.