The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Poloists Face Huskies Tonight at IAB in Try For Ninth Straight Win

Riding high on an eight-game winning streak, the Harvard water polo team will meet neighborhood rival Northeastern in the IAB at 9 p.m. tonight.

In recent play, the team defeated'four other squads to grab the MIT Invitational Tournament last weekend.

Leading scorers Phil Jonckheer and Peter Hursh spearheaded the Crimson's drive to tournament victories over MIT, Northeastern, Bowdoin and Brown.

In the championship match Saturday afternoon, before a crowd of over 500 people, Harvard outgunned MIT to hold a 6-0 lead at the end of the third quarter. MIT responded in the later periods by scoring four goals on penalty shots, but Harvard kept the lead throughout and came away with a 7-4 victory and the crown.

The Crimson defense, led by Captain Mike Graff and Tracy Mallory, held opponents to three-goals-a-game average. The entire Crimson starting squad was named to the all-tournament team.

Other highlights included a 26-0 Harvard shutout of Brown, the first registered by an Eastern team since 1947. Sophomore goalie Doug Forrester was responsible for seven consecutive scoreless quarters breaking the previous Harvard record of three, held by Sterling Netz.