Rugby Club, with 1-1 Record, To Play Beacon Hill Saturday

Harvard's Rugby Club will take a 1-1 season record into this Saturday's game against Beacon Hill Rugby Club at soldiers Field.

Harvard opened the season on October 7 with a 16-0 victory over the Portland Rugby Club. Alec Wiggin led the Harvard effort scoring three tries.

Harvard's B team was also victorious at Portland rolling up a 14-0 score on three tries and one conversation.

The Rugby Club has 50 members, and fields three 15 man teams for each match if the opposing club also has three teams.

Sandy Robertson, the Club's president said that most of Harvard's players are inexperienced, with not many players returning from last year's squad.

The team, which includes participants from every school in the University except the Business School, began practice three weeks ago.

The players practice three times a week, and most play just for the fun of playing and the beer after the game.

The club supports itself, buying all its own equipment and uniforms. The players have organized a mixer this Saturday to raise money.

Harvard gives the team lockers in Dillon Field House and a field to play on, but no more.

The players coach themselves, since all are basically on the same level of inexperience. There are a few foreign players who have played before, but none can be classed as expert.

Robertson said that the players really didn't worry too much about Ivy League standings, and that there were no really high points to the season with the possible exception of the Yale game. The schedule: Oct. 14  Beacon Hill  home Oct. 21  Cornell  home Oct. 25  Business School A's  Away Oct. 26  Business School B & C  split Oct. 28  Dartmouth  home Nov. 4  Old Maroon (New York)  home Nov. 11  Princeton  away Nov. 18  Brown  home Nov. 25  Yale  home