Water Poloists Head to Army

Players Hitching To West Point

The Crimson water polo team is off to West Point this weekend to play in the Army Invitational Tournament. They will be putting their 11-game winning streak on the line against some of the best teams in the East.

The polo players will be facing the number one and two ranked Eastern teams. Yale and Fordham. Army, Delaware, Cornell, Pean State, and St. Francis will also be participating.

On the basis of last Wednesday's victory over Brown. Harvard should be ranked third this weekend, said captain Mike Graff yesterday. The tournament will be multiple elimination, probably broken up into two four-team divisions playing a round robin.

The squad will be without the services of three top starters. Dan Daiss and Fred Mitchell will not make the trip due to personal commitments, and Peter Hursh is still out with an injury. This will definitely hurt the Crimson's offensive attack.

Most of the team will have to hitch like to West Point and stay at Vassar, due to the fact that water polo, a club sport, is not funded by the Athletic Department. This will not help the team either, Graff pointed out.

On the positive side, however, goalie Doug Forrester returned from an injury to play against Brown, and will be in the nets this weekend. Tracy Mallory, who filled in for Forrester, played up front in the Brown game and scored a goal. "It was the best game I've seen him play in three years," said Graff. He should be a big boost to the team at West Point.

Graff said, "I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get into the finals, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if we do any better."