ABC Will Televise Today's Harvard Ivy Football Game

ABC is coming. Harvard and Dartmouth football will reach a New England television audience and the Ivy League will garner $140,000.

Schedule changes have been made for the television crews. The game is postponed until 1:50 p.m. Starting line-ups must be determined one week in advance.

"Welcome, ABC" signs are requested, although not required, assistant director of Sports Information John Powers said.

ABC spokesman Beeno Cooke said that he never heard anything like that being requested.

Cooke went on to describe the commercial breaks during the game. "There are 18 commercials during the broadcast, 12 are during the game. Of course we try to break the game where no momentum is gained or lost by either team," Cooke said.

"Players don't like to have official time called in the middle of a drive just so a commercial can be shown, but our coaches had experience with television broadcasting," Powers said.

ABC wants colors, a good band show press box space, as well as a half minute spot for the schools involved. These requests are easy to grant. "We wouldn't allow them to have a mobile truck with cameras along the sidelines, obviously, because there is no room," Powers said.

ABC Vice-President Cooke explained that ABC gets good co-operation anywhere they go, adding that the Southeast and Southwest are especially co-operative.

Pat McKay of the Sports Information Office of East Carolina University and a recent ABC host, spoke about East Carolina's game two weeks ago. "Welcome signs and enthusiasm welcomed the ABC crows. Our opponent Citadel even brought signs. ABC is really lax with the crowds," he said.