House Squads To Meet Yale Intramural Teams

A contingent of 11 Yale intramural teams will come to Harvard Tuesday to meet their Crimson counterparts in the final contents of the Fall House athletic season.

The Bulldogs will send their four tackle football, three touch football, and four soccer teams to face the top House teams. Yale's teams will be selected on the basis of the results of the competition among its colleges.

In tackle football, the top four Harvard teams will come from Quincy, Eliot, Lowell, and Winthrop.

House athletic football action today was highlighted by two 6-0 squeakers.

In the Winthrop-Mather game, a fourth-quarter fumble grabbed by Winthrop started the drive that was to end in the game's only score. Seniors Barry Murphy, John Crawford, and Ted Killian led the squad down field, and a one-hard keeper by quarterback Rob Mckee brought the score to 6-0.

Each team had only thirteen players and everyone played on both offense and defense, making this contest the day's most grueling.

Tough Defense

A tough defense was the deciding factor in a 6-0 win of Eliot over Quincy in today's game. Eliot twice held Quincy on the one yard line to keep its narrow six point margin.

Kirkland failed to show for its scheduled match against Lowell and forfeited the game.

Despite today's loss, Quincy finishes the season with a 4-1-0 record, the best in the league.

With the largest score ever to be amassed in an inter-House touch football -game. Leverett smashed Adams yesterday 81-7.

Under the leadership of Sandy Weissant, Leverett scored six touchdowns in the first half and continued pouring it on until the end. "They were a spirited, enthusiastic group," Mike Rozborio, Leverett Athletic Secretary, saids magnaminously of the defeated Adams team.

The lose Adams touchdown was scored by a girl on their team, he noted.

Lowell, with an 8-0-0 record, and 7-1-0 Leverett are the top two teams that will meet Yale next Tuesday.

A freshman touch football team, the combined, squad of Lionel and Hollis Halls, will also face Yale. This team placed first from among the 17 entered in the freshman competition which ended in early November.

In soccer, Leverett beat Winthrop yesterday to earn the right to play Eliot in today's championship game.

"Eliot will definitely defeat Leverett for the House season championship," said Mike Graff, Athletic Secretary for Eliot, The House has a 5-0-0 record.

In contrast, Dudley finished the season without a win. Its team placed last, edged out in its league even by its 0-3-1 freshman squad.

Twelve Houses compete in two soccer leagues, and the top two teams from each will face the Bulldogs.