The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

The CSCR: D. 1972, R.I.P.

DEMISE

By Dale S. Russakoff

The Committee on Students and Community Relations, a student Faculty advisory council formed in response to the 1969 University Hall crisis, expired Tuesday after and extended identity crisis. Members voted unanimously to disband, but may resurrect the CSCR in another form at their final meeting next week.

Spokesmen at Tuesday's meeting pointed out that the Committee's mandate was too vague and had wavered since 1970 between the Harvard community, the Cambridge community, and the rest of the world. Members also complained that community relations concern all faculties and students while CSCR represents only the Schools of Arts and Sciences.

"Purely advisory capacities" also plagued the committee during its lifetime. CSCR showed flashes of impotence during Campaign GM when its asked the Corporation to vote its GM shares against management and again last Spring with the request that Harvard divest its Gulf stock.

CSCR is survived by other advisory committees -- the Committee on Investment and the Committee on Community Affairs -- which will inherit its functions and maybe its ills.