Harvard Racquetmen to Face Cadets In Quest for Fourth Straight Victory

The undefeated Harvard squash team will be trying for its fourth straight victory today when it meets Army at 2 p.m. at the Hemenway Gymnasium.

The Crimson, who are the defending Ivy League and NCAA champions, will be facing their strongest opponent to date in the Black Knights of the Hudson. In their first three matches Harvard has had few problems in disposing of MIT, Amherst, and Williams by identical 9-0 scores.

Leading the Harvard attack will be senior captain Pete Briggs. He will be joined by six other remaining lettermen including number-two man Andy Wiegand, Danny Gordon, Neil Vosters, Glenn Whitman, Robbie Sedgwick, and Archie Gwathney, Gordon reached the NCAA semi-finals last year.

Nucleus

In addition to this nucleus of lettermen, the Crimson have also been strengthened by the play of Pete Blasier and Freddy Fisher, the two leading players from last year's freshmen squad.

If past performance is any indicator of the Crimson's chances for victory, then there is little doubt that they will still be undefeated by the end of the afternoon. The Crimson have beaten the Cadets in 24 straight games, their last two victories coming by 9-0 scores.

Little is known about this year's Army team, but coach Jack Barnaby said. "You can't take them lightly since service teams always fight. We certainly have the edge at the top, though, and should win by experience."

After three straight strong showings the chance for another national championship by the Crimson becomes more and more likely. The toughest part of the Crimson racquetmen's schedule is yet to come though

They will be playing their three strongest opponents Navy. Princeton and Penn, in back-to-back games after the Christmas recess. Victorious in these three games will almost certainly assure them of their second straight NCAA championship.