HSA Members Vote Motion to Wait Until April Before Electing Directors

Members of Harvard Student Agencies (HSA) met last night in Burr A to elect a new student Board of Directors for a two-year term beginning immediately, but after one-and-a-half hours of debate a motion was passed to postpone the elections until April.

The motion, which was passed by a large majority, read: "Because student members need more information about the candidates in general and because we feel more discussion is warranted concerning the HSA report released today, we hereby move that the elections for the Board of Directors be held sometime after Easter.

"Until that time," the motion continued, "it is hoped that members of the HSA will have an opportunity to review the slate of candidates and also investigate the report concerning the operations and finances of HSA."

Michael L. Ryan '72, president of HSA, told the members that "hopefully the report will be able to clear up many of the controversies which have arisen over the past few months concerning the policies of HSA."

The report, which was released yesterday, includes extensive information about HSA's administrative expenses, an agency-by-agency breakdown of profit and loss, and a breakdown of those receiving managerial wages and profit shares.

Ryan also said that HSA will strive to hire a larger number of scholarship students in the future.

"Hopefully the rise should go from the present 65 per cent of workers for HSA who receive financial aid to 80 per cent," he said.