The New Gen Ed Lottery System, Explained

Armed Individuals Sighted in Harvard Square Arraigned

Harvard Students Form Coalition Supporting Slave Photo Lawsuit's Demands

Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Polo Club Rides Over Cornell In Last League Game of Season

The Harvard Polo Club, playing its final game of the season before the national collegiate tournament, beat Cornell Saturday 15-14, in an exciting see-saw contest at the Flying Horse Riding Club in Hamilton.

The team avenged a 12-8 loss to the Big Red earlier this season.

The Crimson horsemen, dominating the first period, were led by the outstanding play of Joe O'Connor. O'Connor scored all 5 Crimson goals to give Harvard a 5-3 advantage at the end of the first period.

In the second period, Harvard played erratically and was unable to put together a sustained offensive effort. Despite their inability to play consistently, Harvard still led Cornell 8-7 at halftime.

Both teams played virtually even in the second half, with the lead changing hands several times. The Crimson scoring in the half was evenly divided between all three starters in contrast to O'Connor's scoring in the first period.

With the game deadlocked at 14-14, Harvard mounted a strong offensive in the final quarter. With two minutes remaining, Howie Corcoran scored the game-winning goal to give the team a narrow 15-14 victory.

The Crimson horseman meet the University of Virginia next Tuesday at Darien, Conn. in the first game of the National Collegiate Tournament. The tournament will be single elimination with Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Virginia, Connecticut, and Texas A and M. participating.