The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Suits Are Optional At A-House Pool

As a result of student pressure nude swimming has been reinstituted at the Adams House Pool after a mysterious five-day absence.

Adams House Master William Liller '48 said yesterday that the pool policy would be virtually the same as it was before the new swimming suit requirements were imposed last Wednesday. Suits will be required an additional two hours a day, from 7 to 9 p.m., as well as during the regular 3 to 5 p.m. slot.

Despite some evidence of outside complaints concerning the pool, Master Liller said that. "There was no pressure from above on this," and added, "minor causes such as noise and water conditions and the desires of the students led to the reconsideration of the rules."

To determine the amount of student concern regarding suitless swimming a referendums was conducted is the House by Saverio Mirarchi '72 and David Teutsch '72, student administrator of the pool. Of the 233 respondents. 179 voted to return to optional suitless swimming, 14 voted for required suits at all times, and 40 expressed no strong feelings either way. The Adams House Committee, after considering this evidence, voted to reinstitute nude swimming.