The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

McGovern Attacks Business At Boston Press Conference

Sen. George S. McGovern (D.S.D.) last night attacked the Nixon administration for allegedly allowing over 100 "large monopolized industries" to continue to raise prices in spite of the wage and price freeze.

Speaking at a Boston press conference, McGovern said he obtained the information form a secret investigation by the Federal by the Federal Trade Commission on anticompetitive and monopoly pricing.

McGovern, favored 2 to 1 over Sen. Edmund S. Muskie (D-Maine) in Massachusetts in a preliminary poll published yesterday by The Boston Globe, demanded that the Price Commission freeze all prices immediately to halt "this blatant business blas."

He also advocated a deconcentration of monopolized industries through stronger enforcement of the antitrust laws. "Some of the biggest price hikes allowed by the Price Commission have been for industries that were already charging far in excess of legitimate competitive returns due to their monopoly position." McGovern said.

About 300 volunteers for McGovern have canvassed more than 200.000 houses in the Cambridge area, and have noted "overwhelming support" for the Presidential hopeful in the Massachusetts Democratic primary tomorrow, a spokesman for McGovern Headquarters said yesterday.