Crimson Golfers Beat Brown Will Face Yale and Princeton

Harvard's golf team won its last match before the crucial Big Three contest yesterday, edging Brown by just two strokes on the Concord Country Club course.

The match was close right up to the end, as Brown's Mike Galven, three over par coming onto the seventeenth hole, took nine shots to make that one, allowing the Crimson to pull ahead.

Meal ticket

"We didn't let them see it, of course, but we were damned glad when that seventeenth hole happened." Skip Kistner, Harvard's mealticket throughout the season, said yesterday.

Kistner, Skip Barry, and Quinn Smith led the Crimson team with scores of 78 each on the par 71 course. Andy Marks and Greater Boston Champion Terry Wynne provided the other Crimson scores of 80 apiece, under the best-five-out-of-seven scoring system.

"Any score would have been good on that course." Kistner said. "It's a really tough course--and of course Brown was seeing it for the first time."

The Crimson carries its 6-2 record to the Brookline Country Club Friday for its match with Yale and Princeton." And if we win this one, I think we have a good chance at the Eastern Championships." Kistner said.