Golf Team Favored Over MIT, Trinity

By E.j. Diosse

The Harvard golf team travels to Hartford today for a season-ending match against MIT and Trinity. The Crimson is heavily favored.

The Harvard gollers will be trying to make up for the loss they suffered Wednesday at the hands of Dartmouth. The loss was largely the result of the difficulty of the Hanover Country Club Course which appeared to be rigged against anyone except the most experienced mountaineer.

"Trick Course"

"We all knew it would be a tough course." said team member Quinn Smith. "It was up in the mountains and all up and down. There were boys on there running around from the cross country team. It was a real too. I think we did pretty well on a trick course."

In that meet, which the Indians took, 386-391. Skip Barry led the squad with a 75, followed by John Stoviak who shot 76 and Smith who carded.

Terry Wynn, Andy Marks and captain Skip Kistner rounded out the lineup with respective scores of 79, 84 and 87.

Today's meet shouldn't pose too many problems. "I've heard it's a pretty good course. I think we should win if we just play decently. "Smith said. He added that neither MIT nor Trinity have had very good seasons.

The golfers carry into the match an 8-5 record. Hopeful after a rough Southern trip in which they lost most of the matches but turned in strong individual performances, the golfers got off to a slow start after spring vacation. They picked up momentum in the mid-season matches, only to see their hopes for the Eastern Championships dashed through uneven performances.