The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Investments on Trial at the CRR

PALC:

By Daniel Swanson

The festival atmosphere that prevailed outside Massachusetts Hall last month during a six-day occupation by PALC rapidly receded into the past after the building was re-occupied by the sober Administrators who have their peace-time offices there. But the dispute over Harvard's ownership of Gulf Oil stock which prompted 34 blacks to seize the building has been reopened by the decision to initiate disciplinary proceedings against 19 of the alleged occupiers.

Seventeen of the cases are scheduled to be heard next week by the often-criticized Committee on Rights and Responsibilities. The defendants are moving for a combined and open hearing. Whatever the eventual format, it seems clear that they will attempt to turn the tables on the prosecution and put the Harvard Corporation and its investment policies on trial.

The blacks are also calling a mass rally Monday in front of Mass Hall and circulating a lengthy statement and petition explaining their position. The resurgent activism that caught most of the Harvard community by surprise this year may not be spent yet.