Batmen Play Big Red Today After Losing to Springfield

Even though the sun was shining yesterday, the EIBL play-off between Harvard and Princeton was postponed on account of rain. Harvard's team flew down to Princeton last night, and the game will start at 1:30 p.m. this afternoon.

Lefthander Roz Brayton will start for the Crimson, and he will face either John Daugherty or Alfred Anyzeski.

Harvard finished up its regular season on Friday with a 7-6 loss to Springfield. The game was not important for either team since the Chiefs have already secured a berth in the NCAA Mid-Atlantic small college play-offs, and Harvard can only make it into the Division I play-offs by winning today's game.

Subs Used Extensively

Coach Loyal Park used his substitutes for most of the game, but Springfield needed four runs in the last two innings to win. The Chiefs had beaten Dartmouth the day before, 2-0, and they finished the season with a record of 19-3.

David St. Pierre drove in three runs to lead the Crimson attack. St. Pierre homered in the sixth inning after bringing home Bernie MacGregor twice with a single and a sacrifice.

After starring for his home town American Legion team during the summer, St. Pierre played defensive back for the football team last fall. He led the JV team in hitting this year with an average of .423, and he was brought up to the varsity two weeks ago after getting eight hits, including two home runs, in two games.

Art Serrano and Rich Bridich each singled in a run after St. Pierre's solo blast in the sixth, and starting pitcher Tom O'Neill contributed two hits and a run batted in. Joe Mackey and Bernie MacGregor also collected two hits.

2 Errors Are Key

Barry Malinowski came in to protect a 5-3 lead, and in the eighth he was victimized by two infield errors that allowed the Chiefs to score twice without a hit.

Harvard came back with a run in the ninth, but Springfield won the game on a two-run home run.