Netmen Journey to New Haven To Face Battling Bulldogs

By M. DEACON Dake

This morning the Harvard tennis team packs up its "Jack Kramer's" and a couple packs of coffee-flavored "nodozmints" and slides down to New Haven to play around with a bunch of rather untalented Bulldogs.

Just how much difficulty the Crimson will have in disposing of this mangy pack is unclear, but if the gang from Cambridge is willing to believe its mentor. Jack Barnaby, it could be a tougher dogfight than expected.

"Yale is a real sleeper team." Barnaby said last night. "I seriously anticipate a tough match. They have a real bunch of fighters down there, and all I can say is that we damn-well better be ready."

The ol' Eli's may well be fighters, but in tennis circles they are without a doubt the most anonymous band of fighters put together. On the other hand, the Bulldogs do have the capability to play ball with Harvard and possibly to upset the Crimson. Yale earlier beat Cornell by a 5-4 score, while the Crimson beat the Big Red, 6-3. A close match is a definite possibility.

There will be 10 singles matches and five doubles contests, but only six of the singles and three of the doubles will be counted towards the Eastern League standings.

Last season the Crimson finished in the League, compiling a 7.2 record while the Bulldogs finished sixth with a 4-5 mark. This year the results may prove identical.