Mass Hall Discipline Reports Will Be Released Wednesday

By Daniel Swanson

The three disciplinary bodies that heard the cases of 33 black students charged by the Administration with participating in April's occupation of Massachusetts Hall will make public their findings on Wednesday.

Thirty-one of the students appeared at a joint hearing two weeks ago before the Committee on Rights and Responsibilities (CRR), the disciplinary body of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

Two other students--one at the Divinity School and one at the Law School--had their cases heard last week before disciplinary bodies at those schools.

The blacks--members of Harvard-Radcliffe Afro and the Pan African Liberation Committee--staged the six-day occupation to dramatize their demands that Harvard divest itself of 670,000 shares of Gulf Oil stock.

Joint Release

Charles W. Burnham, professor of Mineralogy and chairman of the CRR, said last night that a meeting Friday between CRR representatives and contingents from the Law School's Administrative Board and the Divinity School's Committee on Rights and Responsibilities decided to make public jointly the decisions of the three bodies.

Burnham said that the three committees will dispose of their cases independently. "The only agreement we reached at Friday's meeting was to set a date for the joint release of our findings," he said.

Burnham said the purpose of Friday's meeting was almost purely informational. "We just talked about the cases informally," he explained.

He said that the CRR has already made up its mind on how it will dispose of its 31 cases. He said that the Committee met twice, for about two hours each time, following the joint appearance of the defendants on May 22.

"We will be writing letters to the students involved early this week before releasing our formal statement on Wednesday," he said.

Dieter Georgi, Frothingham Professor of Biblical Studies and chairman of the Divinity School's Committee on Rights and Responsibilities, said last night that the Committee has not yet formulated a recommendation in the case of Christopher J. Nteta, the Divinity student named in the Administration's complaint.

He said that the Committee does not have the final say in the resolution of Nteta's case, but is empowered only to recommend a course of action to the Divinity Faculty. He said a special Faculty meeting slated for Wednesday morning will consider the Committee's recommendation.

"We are still in the process of meeting to draft a recommendation," he said. "A decision in the case should be available at noon Wednesday following the Faculty meeting."

The Law School's Administrative Board Friday heard the case of James Winston, a third-year law student, who is also charged with participating in the building takeover