Pop.

music

It could be that everybody's recording, or rehearsing, or resting from autumn tours. But it seems as though nobody's inclined to play concerts in Boston. Just as well, the weather's been so rotten around here that it's all you can do to get to the library, let along slog into Boston, endure cops and fire people, and quaalude freaks just to hear Black Sabbath.

Anyway, rock's moved into clubs for the month. So, herewith, the heavies:

Passim has Patrick Sky through the 14th. Sky's one of your little known and prefers it that way folkies. I think he lives in Rhode Island somewhere and just takes these gigs so he can eat. "Eric Kaz is a really good piano player, though."--Peter Shane.

Oliver's sounds like a singles bar, and it probably is a singles bar. I don't know because I've never been there and don't have enough nerve to hustle women in joints like that anyway. Buzzy Feiten's Full Moon is appearing the 12th through the 18th. Buzzy's a guitarist's guitarist who's played with the likes of Paul Butterfield and Felix Caviliere.

Larry Carsman's Blues Band is at the Zircon. Good blues rolls in and out of Boston. J. Geils started out playing blues here. When they left, James Montgomery an the best blues around. Now, James is bucking stardom, and they say Larry Carsman's band is every bit as good ("It's true."--Jan Nathan).

Whiz kid guitarist David Bromberg is at Paul's Mall. If you can handle the $3 cover, and can stand hustling to buy drinks, it might just be worthwhile. I've only heard Bromberg once, on the radio, and he did a talking blues version of "Mr. Bojangles" that was fine, even if he did sound like Neil Young.

Passim, 42 Palmer Street, Cambridge, 492-7679.

Oliver's 62 Brookline Ave., Boston 536-4840.

Zircon, 298 Beacon Street, Somerville, 354-9242

Paul's Mall. 773 Boylston Street. Boston 267-4300