Racquetmen Down Exeter, Andover, Freshmen Gain 7-0 and 5-0 Victories

If freshmen competition can be considered a preview of future varsity teams, then Harvard is going to continue to be tough in squash. The freshmen team moved into second place in the Metropolitan Boston "B" League with a 5-0 win over Andover last night.

The racquetmen had shut out Exeter 7-0 earlier in the day.

"I thought the whole team played really good squash," coach Corey Wynn said yesterday. "We had two good wins, and the team is coming along fine."

Captain Jeff Wiegand had the toughest match against Andover, and he needed five games to beat his opponent in the number one position. Peter Havens, Cass Sunstein and John Sedgewick won their matches. 3-0, and number five man Dave Chase was a 3-1 victor.

"Havens played a really fine match," Wynn said. "He beat his opponent decisively, and he was up against a very tough opponent."

Harvard used a similar lineup against Exeter. Weigand was number one, and because Havens couldn't play. Sunstein, Sedgewick and Chase each moved up one spot. John Deland, George Colony and Dave Evans rounded out the seven-man squad.

"We're getting a lot tougher," Wynn said. "I think we can move up in the league as we improve on our percentage shots".

Hardvard's only loss this year has ben to the MIT faculty in a league match.