News Office Goes To Holyoke Center

The University News Office is on the move again.

The News Office, accompanied by the University Gazette, moves tomorrow to the seventh floor of Holyoke Center, abandoning its cramped quarters in the basement of Harvard Hall. The News Office moved to Harvard Hall this Fall after University administrators dispossessed them from their longtime headquarters in the basement of University Hall.

Deane W. Lord, director of the News Office, said yesterday that budgetary considerations had motivated the original move to Harvard Hall. She said the new offices in Holyoke Center are more spacious.

The News Office considered expanding its offices in Harvard Hall but found that pipes in the walls prevented renovation Lord said.

The News Office will occupy the space used by the History Department, which moved to Robinson Hall earlier this month.

"Ideally we would like to be in the Yard." Lord said, "but we feel that wherever the news source is, the press will always get there."

The News Office, a part of the Office of Government and Community Affairs, handles most of the public relations and press statements for the University. The Gazette is the official publication of the University.