stage

ALL THE KING'S MEN, by Robert Penn Warren, is based on the rise and fall of Huey Long, whom no one could put together again because he was dead. Of course, Henry E. Petersen wasn't around to try. 8 p.m., Sunday 7 p.m., at Brandeis University's Spingold Theater in Waltham.

A CHASTE MAID IN CHEAPSIDE, by Thomas Middleton, who was one of those Jacobean dudes who wrote mostly gory blank-verse tragedies. They claim that this one is a satire, however. I guess a chaste maid in Cheapside must have been like an honest man in the Nixon administration. 8 p.m. at the Boston University Theater Study, 264 Huntington Avenue in Boston.

DRACULA, from the Bram Stoker novel, not to mention the Bela Lugosi movie. There are a lot of weak points in this production, but on the whole it's quite enjoyable, especially if you like vampires. 8 p.m. at the Loeb.

GOOD EVENING, by Peter Cooke and Dudley Moore, who were half of the four writers of Beyond the Fringe, is reportedly not overwhelmingly funny. Till Saturday, 7:30 at the Shubert Theater in Boston.

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST, from the Ken Kesey novel. I'm getting tired of recommending this on the basis of hearsay. Maybe I ought to go to see it. 7:30 p.m. at the Charles Playhouse, 75 Warrenton Street in Boston.

TANGO, a comedy by Slawomir Mrozek. Yes. Slawomir Mrozek. 8 p.m. at the Emerson Theater, Berkeley and Beacon Streets in Boston.