Crimson Matmen Lose 15-2 Cushion As B.U. Takes 5 of Last 6 Matches

The Harvard wrestling team lost a close meet to Boston University last night because of a poor showing in its upper weights. After the first four matches, culminating in a third period pin by 142 lb. George Baker, Harvard was leading 15-2.

Harvard wrestlers, however, lost five out of the remaining six matches. The team went into the final match leading 17-16. Baker's pin contributed six points along with Dan Blakinger's and Milton Yasunaga's decisions for four and three points respectively.

Heavyweight Loses

Heavyweight Kip Smith, a freshman, was pinned in the final match, making the final score of the meet 22-17.

Inexperience has been plaguing the Crimson this season contributing to a disappointing 1-3 record. The team started four freshmen and two sophomores against B.U.

Coach John Lee, however, said he feels that the team should improve. "We're better than last year," he said yesterday, "we're a young team, and all our meets have been close."

The B.U. match was no exception. Carl Biello wrestled against a quick opponent, at 134 lbs., but deadlocked him 1-1. Biello, who has not wrestled up to form in previous matches this year, wrestled a smart match but did not manage to find a pinning combination.

Bruce Johnson, who had a 2-1 record going into the match, wrestled at 190 against a strong and defensive opponent but could only secure a tie.

Harvard lost a key match at 158 lbs. Jim Gebhard, who injured his left arm in practice last week, had to wear a brace. He was thus weakened and limited in mobility. In spite of the brace and injury, he wrestled a strong match, but dropped the contest 6-4.

Blakinger at 118 lb. remains the only undefeated wrestler for Harvard, trailed by Milton Yasunaga at 126 lbs. who has only dropped one contest.