Stage

ANIMAL FARM, after George Orwell. The Boston Repertory Company is not a real strong company, and this adaptation is reportedly not a real strong adaption. Overall, probably not real strong. They also do an adaptation of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's THE LITTLE PRINCE, which you'd do better to buy yourself for Christmas, and Murray Schisgal's THE TIGER, which I know little or nothing about. Marlboro and Berkeley Streets in Boston, 8:08 p.m.

THE BOSTON TEA PARTY, by the Proposition. In case you missed the demo Sunday. Previewing Wednesdays at 8, the rest of the weekend they improvise as usual. 241 Hampshire Street near Inman Square.

CALLING FOR HELP, by Peter Handke, and VLADIMIR MAYA-KOVSKY: A TRAGEDY, by Vladimir Mayakovsky. If this tragedy isn't calling for help, I'm a grasshopper. This weekend's your last chance to see it. 8:30 at the Old Cambridge Baptist Church, 1151 Mass Ave.

A CHRISTMAS POEM, presented by the Black Wheat Theater, with an exhibit of medieval scenes in bas-reliefs by Claude Roche. And if that's not enough for you, you're probably hopeless. 8:30 at Emmanuel Church, 15 Newbury Street in Boston.

GOOD NEWS. I don't know anything about this. It's probably headed for Broadway. Somebody told me it's good, but I don't believe it. The holiday spirit, I suppose. Me and the dike bomber. 7:30 at the Colonial Theater in Boston.

ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST, by Dale Wasserman, from the Ken Kesey novel. For about a year I said this was good without having seen it and didn't quite believe that either. But it is. It might be better for the spring, though, what with the Resurrection symbols at the end and all. 7:30 at the Charles Playhouse, 76 Warrenton Street in Boston.

R.J. A musical fable. Probably headed for Broadway, unless it folds in Boston, as it reportedly should. 7:30 at the Wilbur Theater in Boston.

THE CHRISTMAS REVELS: IN CELEBRATION OF THE WINTER SOLSTICE, at Sanders Theater Dec. 21 and 22.

SUPPOSE I FALL? Just don't come to me. 8:30 Fridays and Saturdays at the Caravan Theater, 1555 Mass Ave.

SWALLOWED. Four one-act plays about people being swallowed. But it's the last weekend for a month. It seems the folks down in New York want to see four one-act plays about people being swallowed, too. Or something. 8 p.m. at Theater Two, 196 Broadway. Happy New Year. Peace.