Dartmouth Icemen Stun Frosh; Smash Hapless Pucksters, 10-6

Harvard's frosh icemen continued their losing ways yesterday afternoon as Dartmouth handed the pucksters a 10-6 defeat in Watson Rink.

The Big Green launched a powerful first period attack, scoring two goals in the first two minutes of play. Dartmouth put the puck away three more times in the first stanza while the Crimson managed to score only once.

It was Harvard's turn to put the pressure on in the second period and wingman Paul Haley led the way chalking up two goals. The Green came back with a slap shot that eluded goalie Jim Murray midway in the period but the Crimson skated for two more and left the ice one down at the close of the second stanza, 6-5.

The Crimson appeared to be headed for victory in the third period, scoring quickly to tie the match at 6-6. But Dartmouth took control and harried Murray in the net, forcing him to make 12 saves and beating him four times for the 10-6 final.

Crimson center Whiz Wyatt said last night that the game should have been much closer.

"It should have been decided by one goal in the final minute. Both teams were really good and played a close hard-checking game. We just slipped in the third period," he said.

The frosh, 9-5 in the season so far, have lost a series of close games to their tough opponents and managed to beat only the poorer teams on their schedule. Wyat described this lates loss as "frustrating."