FRIENDSHIP WEEK

THE MAIL

To the Editors of The Crimson:

We were surprised to read in Monday's Crimson that certain Americans have taken it upon themselves to organize a week of "Vietnam-American Friendship." Since they did not bother to include the Vietnamese community is Boston, or even those of us in Harvard, we wonder what kind of "friendship" they intend for our people.

Looking down the list of speakers and films we can only conclude that once again we are the victims of American preconceptions. None of the participants listed is Vietnamese or even speaks Vietnamese so it is really misleading to call this program "Vietnam-America Friendship Week." Perhaps "America-America Friendship Week" would be a better name.

Thieu gets the 'friendship' of your government; the Communists get the 'friendship' of those of you who don't like what your government does. Where do the Vietnamese people come in? Who is our friend? Yours sincerely,   Nguyen Ngoc Bich, Law '73   Hoang T. Ly, Harvard '76   Nguyen Thi Suong Hong, Harvard '75   Ho Hue Tam, GSAS 3   Pham Thi Hoa, East Asian Research Center