Library Receives Grant to Investigate Women's Work in Population Control

By Richard A. Samp

Radcliffe's Schlesinger Library for the History of Women in America has received an $82,000 grant to study the contributions of women in the field of population control.

The two-year Rockefeller Foundation grant will enable two post-doctoral research fellows to undertake research on women and population control and will finance an undergraduate seminar, to be directed next Fall by Radcliffe President Horner, entitled "American Women and Their Work, 1890-1930."

The grant will also permit the Schlesinger Library to catalogue its collection on the work of women in population control. The library plans to expand its population-control resources by collecting taped interviews with leading woman experts in the field.

Located in Radcliffe Yard, the Schlesinger Library holds original manuscripts concerning the history of women in America.

Not U.S. Grant

Horner said yesterday that she was "extremely pleased" with the Rockefeller Foundation grant. "The grant will enable us to expand greatly our study of the history of women," she said.