Batmen Place Five On the 1973 GBL All League Squad

The Crimson batmen have placed five men on the fifteen-man 1973 Greater Boston League all-star team. Northeastern, which finished second to Harvard in the league standings, also had five players picked for the squad.

Crimson infielders Ed Durso at shortstop and Ric LaCivita as utility infielder were named to the squad selected by the coaches on GBL performance. Durso was among the leading hitters in the GBL as he placed fifth with a .364 average for the season.

Dave St. Pierre was the only outfielder from Harvard on the all-star team. St. Pierre joined two men from Northeastern in the outfield. Tom Rezzuti and Dave Modugno, both of whom were leaders in the powerful Northeastern hitting attack that saw six men from their ranks average over .300 in GBL play.

The Crimson battery of Mike O'Malley and Rich Bridich was also picked for the squad. O'Malley was the leading pitcher in the GBL with a perfect 3-0 record and brilliant ERA of 0.54. Bridich, who averaged a whopping .438 in league play, was second in GBL season batting statistics. Strangely however, Barry Malinowski, who was the second best pitcher in the GBL, did not make the allstar team despite his impressive credentials, including a 2-0 record, a 2.0 ERA, and a sterling 10 strikeout per game average.